Friday 6 September 2013

50/50 project #34/50 Bad laundry day (by Cheshire photographer Jane Burkinshaw)

Day 34 Bad laundry day
50 days with a 50mm lens
Call me sad but I love this cheap little laundry dryer. It makes hanging out socks and smalls so much easier - less bending down to the peg bag must be better for my poor aching back!

This pic also gives me chance to "air" one of my grievances - people who tumble dry all year round and don't ever peg out laundry outside, even on sunny days. What wanton wastefulness and idleness!! I just can't understand it and don't believe that being supposedly time poor or not wanting stiff towels are valid excuses. Even when I'm in a hurry, the sight and scent of freshly washed clothes hanging in orderly rows lifts my spirits.

Folding warm washing fresh from the tumble dryer is a pleasure I save for wet days like today.

By Jane Burkinshaw. Share this post by clicking on one of the Share buttons on the right hand side. I'd love to hear your comments too!

No comments:

Post a Comment