Tuesday 23 February 2010

For Doting Dad


Abbie is 9 today and I know Nic is heartbroken that he can't be here and is missing her like mad. Hope this little write up helps him feel a little less far away! Abbie loved her presents - new baseball boots (wish they did them in my size), a lava lamp (cool!), a Hello Kitty friendship book and a sew it yourself racoon key ring (from Sam of course!). But my grown up 9 year old had a tantrum worthy of a toddler when she realised she hadn't got a birthday badge to wear for school. There's no pleasing some people! Determined not to give into her demands I settled down to some work, but somehow found myself in town later, wrestling with a Hello Kitty balloon and carying a bag with birthday badge and banner in it. I came close to tying her up with the banner and attaching the badge to skin when I picked her up from school still bemoaning lack of badge!!

Anyway, all's well that ends well. We nipped out for a birthday tea and in spite of the lack lustre service at Pizza Express we had a great time. The kids had taken pens and paper to keep themselves occupied and we designed a host of hilarious anti Hello Kitty characters - my favourite was Bog Off Bunny! Both kids are now tucked up in bed - I shan't breathe a sigh of relief until I know they are asleep, but I am having a well deserved glass of wine. I should really be getting an early night as we still have a party for 30 and a sleepover for 6 to survive at the weekend.

By Jane Burkinshaw. Share this post by clicking on one of the Share buttons on the right hand side. I'd love to hear your comments too!

No comments:

Post a Comment